Why you should use Portable Strength Training Equipment
The Five Problems of Exercise are solved by using portable Strength Training Equipment. These Problems are time, boredom, soreness, convenience and staying with it.
- Boredom because you’ll get great results in a short period of time
- Soreness, because you only do a limited ammount of repititions and
- Convinience because you are able to do it right at home or when you travel.
Because of all this you stay or leave your program.
By adding a football, a baseball, a basketball, a soccerball to the portable Training Equipment using rope friction you improve the performance from kids, soccer teams, football teams, all the way up to professional athletes.
The EXER-GENIE works for all age groups, skill and development levels. Its setup and attachments dictate the applications. You as the trainer, athlete, or fitness enthusiast dictate the place and the how the EXER-GENIE is used. This can be in a Rehab or Training routine, Circuit Training Program or Sport Specific Movement Training.
Strength Training Shortline Setup
- An isometric contraction (60-70% max effort) at the beginning of the movement to recruit the muscle fibers (like the first 9 reps of a weight lifting movement)
- Then to use variable resistance to maintain the (60-70%) muscle contraction intensity level through the Range Of Motion (ROM).
- Safer than bands
- More versatile than chutes and
- More convenient than sleds
Unlike weights, bands, or suspension body weight training you don’t have a ballistic movement where the weight can lose the resistance because of momentum by using this kind of portable Strength Training Equipment.
Also by using the isometric contraction at the beginning of the movement you
- Increase pure strength at the weakest angle or the stick point there by improving your strength more efficiently.
For example: You place the EXER-GENIE in the hinge side of the door over your shoulder for a bench press movement. Everything setup you start with the 10 second isometric contraction at 60-70% effort. After 10 seconds maximum effort you allow the control line for about 12 seconds for the full range to slide under your finger enough to maintain as close as possible to an isometric contraction through the range of motion. Doing this you’ll get the variable resistance increasing the intensity at the stronger points in the bench press. It would be like someone holding the barbell down and only allowing you to do one intense rep. Fastest way to build strength in a muscle is with isometrics. The issue is you only get the strength results at the angle you apply. So you need to fatigue the muscle with reps and the last rep is as close to an isometric contraction through the range of motion.
The EXER-GENIE eliminates the reps and gets to the last rep first. The Trainer Guide will go through all the concepts of the EXER-GENIE and we are constantly working on getting new videos. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you. Click here to get your EXER-GENIE!
Latest posts by Jim Warren
- Five Problems of Exercise solved by Portable Training Equipment - January 14, 2016